[icecast] Downsampling mp3 on-demand streams

Samuel Hathaway hathaway at munkynet.org
Fri Mar 1 02:36:27 UTC 2002

Hello,

We're streaming radio programs at both 128kbsp and 32kbps, but only
archiving the 128kbps stream to save storage space. I'd like to give users
a similar choice of bitrates when they request an archived stream (served
through icecast's /file/ functionality). Is there a way to change the
bitrate on the fly, or do I really need to save archive both bitrates?

Thanks for the advice.
-samuel

Samuel Hathaway
System Administrator