[icecast] icecast with stunnel

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Fri Mar 1 02:19:40 UTC 2002

> You're right, it's not that important that I encrypt it....it's more a
> proof of concept thing.  I thought using ssh in this way would require a
> mp3 player that could handle SSL connections, but I haven't done much
> investigating (obviously). So thanks, I'll try doing that.

It's surprisingly trivial to make ssh do these things.  I use it to
secure POP3 and many other things.  You can also do reverse tunnels to
create access points through a firewall which is nice.

-L is the option.  Basically it creates a local port that connects to a
remote port thorugh a secure tunnel.  so if you set it up, you'd just
point your mp3 client at the local port and ssh takes care of all the
hard work.

jack.