[icecast] hangs at shutdown

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Tue Jun 18 10:23:13 UTC 2002

Pardo Juan Fernando wrote:
> when I try to 'shutdown' my IceCast server, it hangs at the removing of the
> directory services.
>
> When I disable the yp/directory option it shutdown correctly.

Just a wild guess, since I never enabled the YP services ... Afaik,
shoutcast.com and its affiliates refuse to list Icecast servers, a
decision that is a bit newer that the last revision of the default
configfile. It looks like it's simply timing out for a couple eons. Does
this also happen when you use a directory server that *definitely*
allows your Icecast to be listed, i.e. you know that it does?