[icecast] 24k, 56k, and 96k, is it possible?

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Fri Jun 14 03:43:58 UTC 2002

Hi:

The reason 24kbps sounds bad is in part due to the fact that LAME has
annoying defaults for that rate.  Using mono, it defaults to 16khz.  Stereo
it defaults to 8khz.  It can cope with 22.05khz and 11.025 khz respectively
just fine at those rates.  I've not used liveice, but if it's possible to
specify the --resample command line option with either 22050 or 11025 as
its argument (depending on mono or stereo) should improve things.

Geoff.

--
Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au>
ICQ number 43634701

Make sure your E-mail can be read by everyone!
http://www.betips.net/etc/evilmail.html