[icecast] Is there a guide?

Mark Hetherington mark.hetherington at studentmail.newcastle.edu.au
Sun Jul 28 21:59:55 UTC 2002

I noticed another post where it was mentioned which modules were needed etc,
then followed the instructions at xiph.org for CVS. It's working now,
although darkice (which is none of xiph's concern AFAIK) seg-faults.....

I haven't been able to test ices2 in live mode, well, it seems to work, but I
get silence.... ices2 in playlist mode only plays OGG files right? So to play
a mix of both OGG and MP3 I need to do live streaming and use a player that
supports both to play into the "live" stream..

Perhaps I could write a short step-by-step guide to setting up icecast2.....

Mark