[icecast] Some questions and problems about setting up Icecast2

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Sun Jul 28 13:31:59 UTC 2002

At 09:48 PM 7/27/02 -0500, you wrote:
>	I've finally decided to take the plunge and set up an Icecast 2 server on my Linux 2.4.18 machine.  After asking in #vorbis, I was told that I need ice2 and ices.  From what I understand, ice2 is the Icecast2 server, while ices is a program that sends it data to push to its clients.  Am I right?
>	After downloading both modules, the first problem I've ran into is executing the autogen.sh scripts on both of them.  Here's what happens when I run the script in ice2:

No, you need icecast2 and ices2 (as you add later, you don't want a source
client, so you can skip ices2 - oddcast dsp (winamp plugin) is recommended
for windows stuff).

>src/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/avl does not exist
>src/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/thread does not exist
>src/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/httpp does not exist
>src/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/net does not exist
>src/Makefile.am:5: required directory src/log does not exist

This means that you haven't got the entire source. See HACKING for
details of what you need to do.

>automake 1.6.2
>aclocal 1.6.2

The autotools packages break backwards compatibility with pretty much
every release. You probably need automake 1.4.x

Michael