[icecast] Is there a guide?

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Sun Jul 28 08:47:22 UTC 2002

Mark Hetherington wrote:
> Yes I was aware darkice *can* do it, I just need a guide to setting it all up.
> My efforts so far have failed. I thought rather than just reporting the
> latest problem, I'd get a guide on how to do it, to avoid making a whole
> bunch of errors that will need to be solved seperately.

As for darkice, there are man pages, which (IMHO) are rather good at
explaining how to configure the stuff. Also there is a sample
configuration file in the package.

For the whole setup, I don't know of any howto. Maybe you can write one
:) But in short:

- set up icecast2
- set up darkice to reflect the icecast2 server settings (server name,
port, password) and the stream settings (sample rate, bit rate, etc.)
- use your favourite mixer to select the recording device (e.g. line-in
or microphone) and recording level
- that's it