[icecast] ASSISTANCE

Dave Yerrington xgote at chromatics.net
Fri Jul 26 20:10:31 UTC 2002

Just rattling your cages to see if anyones awake.  Obviously someone is!
>Fromlooking through mailing list archives using google (because the search
script is taking a break on xiph.org), I couldn't find anything to help me
compile ices.  I seen a post from over a year ago that was unasnwered and
was exactly the same problem I was having compileing on a bsd system.  That,
combined with the traffic ive seen let me to believe that this statement was
true:

"I don't see any productive questions or information here.  If code that
is given away for free doesn't serve your needs I suggest you simply not
waste your time with it . . . but don't waste others' time either."

I believe the project('s, encompassing icecast.org) is(ARE!) quite excellent
.  I think if you didn't believe in open source (In my opinion that meens
even giving users some help once in a while, not just developers.), you
would not have made it available on the web.  I would be willing to help
start a documentation project for ices/icecast and help develop some tools
to help manage that sort of information if it is needed (I am a php/mysql
developer).  Let me know.

-Dave