[icecast] icecast/shout and kick problems

Daniel Knoll knoll at netcoach.net
Wed Jul 17 14:06:52 UTC 2002

Hello Technical Guys,

I have follwing problem and I hope someone has an idea.
My stream Server is icecast and I use shout to stream the mjusic to the
server. Sometimes the listeners where kickted, and I don't know what it is.
the logfile icecast.log shows me following entry

[12/Jun/2002:05:23:51] [1158:Source Thread] Kicking client 1284
[pd9556401.dip.t-dialin.net] [Too many errors (client not receiving data
fast enough)] [listener], connected for 22 minutes and 51 seconds, 8350492
bytes transfered. 0 clients connected

but Bandwidth is enough, that is not the problem. I use a SunSPARCServer 5
under Solaris 8. but I don't think that the Maschine is the problem. rather
then "shout" I think,
What programm do you use ? or has anyone the same problem and can help me ?

greets Daniel Knoll
nightline radio
http://radio.w23.org