[icecast] Icecast is cool, but how about video?

Tamer Demir demirt at boun.edu.tr
Sun Jul 7 08:37:47 UTC 2002

Hello,

I suggest Darwin Steraming Server. Apple's Darwin Streaming Video Server is
pretty good and open source...(It uses RTSP protocol and supports
Linux,Mac,Windows)
RealServer is not free(there is connection and year limitations....) but
powerfull..(uses RTSP, supports Linux, Windows[memory eater :)) ])
Also there is Windows Media(uses HTTP(performance is very bad), supports
only Windows, easy to use also supports live video capturing....)
There are other open source streaming video servers like TV streaming.

Good Luck,
Tamer