[icecast] Icecast is cool, but how about video?

Guido guido at spaanbroek.nl
Sun Jul 7 03:16:26 UTC 2002

Hi people,

The last days I was hacking on my linux box. I must say it is a
clarkconnectbox, which I find pretty cool, a lot of work I don't have to do
myself!!!
I got icecast and ices working (check out http://213.84.15.154:8000, but I
don't really offer broadband) Some day I'll getliveice working but for now
you there's only a small collection of mp3's, I'll different styles)

But I write this mail because I'm more interesting in streaming video. A
friend does it all with macs and with the good old video recorder (and a
mixer). But what are the initiatives for streaming and mixing video for
linux/unix (basic solutions)? I have a hard time to find out, no real result
yet. Does anybody of you have any good hints?

All the best  to you,

GuidoS