[icecast] about playlist

harvey smith harvey at buskers.org
Mon Jul 1 13:54:52 UTC 2002

On Mon, May 08, 2000 at 02:03:05AM +0000, Brito wrote:

> I have the icecast with some ices working perfectly in a Linux server,
> mp3
> files are reproduced with no problems, I'm quite satisfied with it but I
>
> have a little doubt!
>
> When users click the link at the HTML page, their default player (like
> xmms,
> winamp... etc) doesn't load.
>
> That's how I've made the link:

Almost right. The playlist.m3u is a audio/x-mpegurl file that you web
server serves, it is a text file that contains the link for your stream.

So in you apache config put a line like so:

   AddType audio/x-mpegurl .m3u

then make a m3u file with a text editor which that conatins one line
that points to your streams like so:

http://my.server:8000/mountpoint

obviously using the real names for you icecast server and mountpoint. Then on the webpage make the a href tag point to the m3u file like so:

m3u file playlist.m3u)

That should get you going.

Harvey