[icecast] mac player for ogg streams

Tom Erbe tre at shoko.calarts.edu
Thu Jan 31 15:43:46 UTC 2002

Things to check out...

MintAudio (http://mint.unsanity.com/) says it has Ogg Vorbis support,
but I don't know about streaming. Unsanity Echo also lists Ogg Vorbis
support (http://www.unsanity.com/echo.php). I'd check it out, but I'm on
a slow connection right now.

BTW, http://macosx.forked.net/ has MacOS X ports of libogg, libvorbis,
icecast, mpg123 and xmms.

On Thursday, January 31, 2002, at 07:05 AM, Leo Currie wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Jan 2002, adam wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have 2 Icecast2 servers set-up (1 unix  and 1 win32) that I have been
>> testing with live streams using Oddcast. I can get the stream playing
>> in
>> Winamp no problems but on the Vorbis.com site it suggests that Macamp
>> supports streaming :
>>
>> "A MacOS vorbis player that has highly integrated streaming features."
>>
>> Although it doesnt say it specifically supports ogg, and as it happens
>> it
>> doesnt (I also have this confirmed by the developers of Macamp).
>>
>> I have also tried the other two players Audion and Unsanity Echo
>> suggested by vorbis.com but they both dont seem to support playing an
>> ogg
>> stream either.
>>
>> I have searched the icecast archives and couldnt find any mention of a
>> mac
>> player that works wth a live ogg stream,...does any one know of one?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Adam
>>

>> Adam Hyde
>> XS4ALL Internet B.V.
>> mobile : + (31) 06 2903 6248
>>
>> Eekholt 42
>> 1112 XH
>> Diemen
>> Amsterdam
>>
>> "free, as in 'radio'"
>>

>> --- >8 ----
>> icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
>> To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-
>> request at xiph.org'
>> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
>> needed.
>> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.

> To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-
> request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
> needed.

Tom Erbe - CalArts School of Music
24700 McBean Parkway - Valencia, CA 91355
tre at shoko.calarts.edu - http://shoko.calarts.edu/~tre