[icecast] Client Problems

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Wed Jan 30 15:18:46 UTC 2002

Shoutcast creates these silly icy_[0..n] mountpoints. Your clients need
to connect to <a href="http://<your_host">http://<your_host</a>>:<yourport>/icy_0 unless you set up an
alias that points to /

I suggest you check out Oddcast DSP from www.oddsock.org, it's a very
decent streaming source that works with both shoutcast and icecast
servers (it natively supports icecast, which means you can specify
arbitary mountpoints for example). Besides, when working in icecast
mode, you don't need two ports open like shoutcast.