[icecast] Was Re: build problems, now XML config syntax

Michael Rommel rommel at layer-7.net
Fri Jan 25 19:53:35 UTC 2002

Hi there,

here are my config files for ices and icecast2:

<icecast>
        <location>Pete's Flat</location>
        <admin>mr2147 at bigfoot.com</admin>

        <limits>
                <clients>20</clients>
                <sources>4</sources>
                <threadpool>5</threadpool>
                <client-timeout>15</client-timeout>
        </limits>

        <source-password>encode</source-password>

        <directory>
                <touch-freq>0</touch-freq>
                <server>
                        <host>nowhere.earth</host>
                        <touch-freq>15</touch-freq>
                </server>
        </directory>

        <hostname>magpie.layer-7.net</hostname>
        <port>8000</port>
        <!--<bind-address>127.0.0.1</bind-address>-->

        <paths>
                <basedir>/var/icecast</basedir>
                <logdir>/var/log/icecast</logdir>
        </paths>

        <!-- <mount>
                <mountpoint>/fileservice</mountpoint>
                <path>/dev/null</path>
        </mount> -->

        <logging>
                <accesslog>access.log</accesslog>
                <errorlog>error.log</errorlog>
        </logging>
</icecast>

<ices>

        <background>0</background>
        <logpath>/tmp</logpath>
        <logfile>ices.log</logfile>
        <loglevel>3</loglevel>

        <stream>
                <metadata>
                        <name>Toxixbrain Radio</name>
                        <genre>Live</genre>
                        <description>Live Music that currently plays in Pete's Flat</description>
                </metadata>

                <input>
                        <!-- For the stdin Module in combination with esdmon
                             it is important to set the rate to 44100 and
                             2 channels -->
                        <module>stdinpcm</module>
                        <param name="rate">44100</param>
                        <param name="channels">2</param>
                </input>

                <instance>
                        <!-- Server details:
                        <hostname>magpie.layer-7.xxx</hostname>
                        <port>8000</port>
                        <password>xxxxxx</password>
                        <mount>/toxicradio.ogg</mount>

                        <encode>
                                <bitrate>96000</bitrate>
                                <samplerate>44100</samplerate>
                                <channels>2</channels>
                        </encode>
                        <savefile></savefile>
                </instance>
        </stream>
</ices>

<!--
vim:tabstop=2
-->

        <background>0</background>
        <logpath>/tmp</logpath>
        <logfile>ices.log</logfile>
        <loglevel>3</loglevel>

        <stream>
                <metadata>
                        <name>Example stream name</name>
                        <genre>Example genre</genre>
                        <description>A short description</description>
                </metadata>

                <input>
                        <module>playlist</module>
                        <param name="type">basic</param>
                        <param name="file">playlist.txt</param>
                        <param name="random">0</param>
                        <param name="once">0</param>
                </input>

                <instance>
                        <hostname>127.0.0.1</hostname>
                        <port>8000</port>
                        <password>xxxxxx</password>
                        <mount>/toxicradio.ogg</mount>
                        <reconnectdelay>2</reconnectdelay>
                        <reconnectattempts>5</reconnectattempts>
                        <maxqueuelength>80</maxqueuelength>
                        <!-- <encode>
                                <bitrate>64000</bitrate>
                                <minbitrate>56000</minbitrate>
                                <maxbitrate>64000</maxbitrate>
                                <samplerate>44100</samplerate>
                                <channels>2</channels>
                        </encode> -->
                </instance>

        </stream>
</ices>

I use th first ices conf file with esdmon | ices /etc/icecast/ices-live.xml
to feed everything that's currently playing on my PC to the
icecast server. Please note that I have applied both the VBR
ogg patches to icecast and ices.

Cheers,

  Mike.

Michael Rommel, Layer-7 Technologies, Erlangen, Germany