[icecast] Number of listeners per server box ?

Dave Preston caffiend at simianbrotherhood.org
Tue Jan 15 05:22:00 UTC 2002

You should check these guys out, a stream I listen to regularly
switched over when live365 went south for a few days. They seem
quite reasonable and support Icecast2 already(so they claim
anyways).

http://www.streamguys.com/

On Sun, Jan 13, 2002 at 04:08:57PM -0700, Jack Moffitt wrote:
> > RackSpace wants $7,400/month for 3TB (3,000GB) of monthly traffic.
> > That's a major expense for a community radio station.  Can anyone
> > suggest a less expensive way to connect?
>
> That sounds like a bad deal, or else my math is wrong.
>
> That comes out to 9Mbps per second here.
>
> Math:
>
> 3000GB * 8 bits/byte
> divided by
> 86400 sec/day * 30 days
>

> At one time (maybe bandwidth prices have gone way up), $500 a Mbit was
> considered 'retail', meaning more expensive than you needed to pay.
>
> At $500 for a Mbit, you'd be paying $4500 a month, not $7600.
>
> I'd look around :)
>
> jack.

Disliking everything is not the same as having an opinion.
				-- Too Much Coffee Man