[icecast] Audio Capturing

Gary Major gary at v-man.ca
Wed Feb 27 20:59:17 UTC 2002

So how would that would work?

I guess I could use Darkice to broadcast the stream to a new mountpoint, and
then use winamp,xmms or streamripper on another PC to attach to that mount
point and save the stream to a file - kludgy but would work. I realize I
could use something like waverc, but that would chew up significant disk
space as I need to capture this audio (approx 2-3 hrs) at 128K VBR.

Akos, does having the option to save the encoded stream directly to a file
seem like a reasonable feature to add to Darkice?