[icecast] Audio Capturing

Tim Pozar pozar at lns.com
Wed Feb 27 19:39:11 UTC 2002

On Wed, Feb 27, 2002 at 02:35:03PM -0500, Gary Major wrote:
> Does darkice or anything else allow you take the incoming audio from a
> soundcard, but instead of encoding it and sending it to icecast, just encode
> it and save it as a file instead?

I wrote a script that does this for our archive page on the KFCF
site (http://www.kfcf.org/archives).  It is just a modified "mixice"
(http://www.lns.com/papers/mixice) script.  If you are running some
sort of UNIX (FreeBSD, LINUX) you can use it, I can send it to you.

Tim

--
  Snail: Tim Pozar / LNS / 1978 45th Ave / San Francisco CA 94116 / USA
               POTS: +1 415 665 3790  Radio: KC6GNJ / KAE6247