[icecast] Why doesn't yp.icecast.org show my stream?

Dave Hayes dave at jetcafe.org
Tue Feb 19 19:30:12 UTC 2002

Once again, I'm clueless as to what is going on because I don't have
the source or logs to yp.icecast.org. I am touching yp.icecast.org fine:

[14/Feb/2002:01:39:22] directory_touch_xa([yp.icecast.org:80])
   completed...server id = 69

but my radio station isn't shown. More details on my setup:

 xmms -> darkice 0.7 -> relay icecast server -> main icecast server

                              +->to other networks

The relavent lines from darkice.cfg:

mountPoint      = live_48
name            = KJetCafe
description     = An ecclectic blend of Funk Fusion Jazz Soul and RnB
url             = http://www.jetcafe.org/kjetcafe
genre           = jazz funk fusion soul RnB
public          = yes

Anyone have any clues?

N.B. I did finally get liveice to work (why does he call exit()
instead of _exit() in a GTk plugin?) but it crashes xmms when xmms is
remotely being run by my DJ app. I might just try IceS someday after
a rewrite of my DJ app.
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave at jetcafe.org

Call on God, but row away from the rocks.