[icecast] icecast2 seg fault

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Feb 19 17:51:16 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to adapt darkice to the current state of icecast2. As I see,
there is a possibility to stream in various formats, by specifying a
Content-type field on the source header.

When I try to log in with an mp3 source, I get a seg fault from
icecast2. The connection looks something like:

SOURCE /mountpoint ICE/1.0
ice-password: password
ice-bitrate: 96
ice-public: 0
ice-name: name
ice-description: description
ice-url: http://url.org
ice-genre: genre

<here comes the raw mp3 data>

When I send Ogg Vorbis data (with Content-type: application/x-ogg),
everything is OK.

Am I doing something wrong with mp3 data?

BTW, where is that libshout I'm supposed to figure out the ICE 1.0
protocol from? Are the meta fields different for Ogg Vorbis and mp3 streams?