[icecast] network interface binding

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Thu Feb 14 10:26:02 UTC 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a server which is both a web server and an icecast
server. I have two IP addresses, one would be for the http daemon, the
other for icecast.

I have bound the http daemon (apache) to it's own IP address, and tried
to do the same for icecast. But icecast binds to all addresses, no
matter what I do.

In particular, I have set in icecast.conf:

hostname 195.70.32.248

port 8000
port 8001

erver_name yp.tilos.hu

as well. Also, if I add port 80, icecast will fail to start. Apperantly
this is because it tries to bind to port 80 of the other IP address.

I'm using version 1.3.11.

Suggestions?