[icecast] Stuttering stream

Gary Major gr_major at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 7 14:20:25 UTC 2002

May sound like a strange question, but I am inferring from your note that
you can take a lower bitrate mp3 and reencode to higher bitrate? I was
always under the impression that you could go down, but not up because the
required information was no longer within the mp3 file in order to step it
up.

If in fact this is the case, are there any requirements? i.e. does the
sample rate need to be 44.1 etc..

Gary.