[icecast] Stuttering stream

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Wed Feb 6 17:13:03 UTC 2002

> ices refuses to load. It whines about libmp3lame.so.0 being missing. I
> found the message in the archives that supposedly forces ices to compile
> with lame support, still nothing.

Did you run ldconfig after installing the library?  Is /etc/ld.so.conf
listing the directory you installed to?

> ./configure ends the same way regardless of options:
>
> Features:
>   libshout: builtin
>   LAME    : yes
>   Vorbis  : yes
>   Perl    : yes
>   Python  : no
>   XML     : yes
> Configuration complete. Now run 'gmake'.

Even if you do ./configure --without-lame?

And doesn't ./configure --with-lame=/usr/local  work?

> I can't find an option in the config file or anywhere in the docs that
> lets you specify where ices should look for the lame libraries.

Ices doesn't look for them!  Your system's dynamic loader looks for
them.  If they aren't installed where it can find them or if you didn't
refresh it's database of libraries it will have no idea.

jack.