[icecast] Stuttering stream

LeDiva lunetta at fas.harvard.edu
Wed Feb 6 16:06:17 UTC 2002

I'm using shout 0.8.0, icecast 1.3.10 on Redhat 7.2.

My stream skips all over the place. I can't even get through one song
without having to restart the stream or having icecast boot me. Most of my
MP3s are 128kbps, and that's the default bitrate in shout. I've turned on
autocorrect and force bitrate, but it still skips. Autocorrect seems to
make the time between skipping a bit longer, but it still doesn't even
last one song.

It's not my bandwidth from the server... a week ago, I was streaming
Shoutcast from Windows with no problems. It's not my bandwidth at work
(where I'm listening), I can pull in other 128k streams with no problem.

Help?

---
Julia Lunetta
Listen to my music collection... http://julial.dhs.org:8005/