[icecast] CPU Utilization Weirdness

Gary Major gr_major at hotmail.com
Wed Feb 6 13:54:11 UTC 2002

Appears that I spoke to soon, this did not fix my problem. I did install the
latest stable kernel 2.4.17, but that has no effect either.

I even tried to run only one stream, thinking that there may have been an
issue with multiple streams - didn't help.

Quick question, I am running ices on the same machine as icecast. Is there
any issues with doing this? Is it preferable to use the loopback 127.0.0.1
as opposed to the machines network IP 192.168.x.x?