[icecast] Problems With Ices

Interservers Administration admin at interservers.com
Wed Feb 6 05:46:09 UTC 2002

I have libxml installed but I get this when I run it.
root at webhost1 [/usr/local/icecast]# bin/ices -c etc/ices.conf
You have no libxml support. The config file you just specified cannot
be used.
Ices Exiting...

> the "-c" flag, lioke this:
>
> cd /usr/local/icecast
> bin/ices -c etc/ices.conf
>

> Interservers Administration wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I have a weird problem. If I use winamp to stream to my icecast
> > server, I can give it any password (even the incorrect one) and it
> > logs in fine and sends the stream to the server. If I use Ices, if
> > use the password supplied in the icecast.conf file and give it to
the
> > ices configuration file, it kicks this:
> >
> > Failed connecting to server 127.0.0.1, error: Could not login on
> > server. Server message: ERROR - Bad Password
> > Ices Exiting...
> >
> > Where in the world does it get 127.0.0.1, I am specifiying another
IP,
> > (even though it is still local). Plus I triple checked, the pass
is
> > right!
> >
> > Also I am not using crypt.
> >
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > -Interservers.com Dude
> >
> > --- >8 ----
> > icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
> > To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-
request at xiph.org'
> > containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
needed.
> > Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
> >

> --- >8 ----
> To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-
request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is
needed.

Interservers.com

412.654.6500
Information: http://www.interservers.com
AOL ID:      INTRSRVRS
MSN ID:      interservers at msn.com

--
---Accounts Starting as Low As $2.95 Per Month!---