[icecast] mini browser and winamp info

smoerk smoerk at gmx.de
Fri Feb 1 08:16:13 UTC 2002

On Thu, 31 Jan 2002 14:46:27 +0100 (CET), adam wrote:

>Can anyone point me at a url where i can learn to:
>1. display the name of the ogg stream in the winamp window (is this to do
>with the oddcast config or with the .pls file?)

the name is "stored" in the header of the vorbis file you receive.
oddcast is using the name from the file you're playing, i don't know if
you could configure it with line-in streaming. use a linux and darkice
or ices or use ostream ;) (or ask the author of oddcast to add an
option for overriding the vorbis tags).

i think the winamp plugin just ignores the names in the pls playlist
file, but i'm not sure.