[Re: [icecast] icecast2 ??]

Aaron Gaudio prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
Sat Dec 28 19:09:02 UTC 2002

Behold, Geoff Shang <gshang at uq.net.au> hath decreed:
> On Sat, 28 Dec 2002, Aaron Gaudio wrote:
>
> > And there cannot be many people running it, judging
> > from the lack of servers listed in the icecast.org directory server
> > (unless everyone just suddenly became shy).
>
> icecast2 has no functional directory server support as yet.  I don't know
> what's listed in yp.icecast.org, but icecast2 servers are not.
>
> Geoff.

Fair enough. After grepping the archives, it appeared that the only
response to "the directory servers don't appear to be working" was
"use icecast2, you twit" (paraphrasing). Seeing as there's no kind
of network status for the directory servers (and, after all, there
are 15 successfully registered channels), there's no way of telling
what is going on, or that anyone is even looking into the problem.
Are they? Should I just delete yp.icecast.org from my config file?

And furthermore, if directory server support is non-functional in
icecast2.. that's just another reason that it's not ready to replace
icecast1.

prothonotar at tarnation.dyndns.org
"Every man is a mob, a chain gang of idiots."
                           - Jonathan Nolan, /Momento Mori/