[icecast] Ices on Linux PPC

Drew Lane drewlane at qwest.net
Sat Dec 21 14:22:17 UTC 2002

>you probably have an old release, maybe we should put some checks in to
>make sure.

It appears that I have version 1.0 rc2-1

I found the following RPM's with ogg or vorbis in the name:

libogg-devel-1.0rc2-1
libogg-1.0rc2-1
libvorbis-devel-1.0rc2-2
libvorbis-1.0rc2-2
vorbis-1.0rc2-1

I figured I better try to remove these before installing a new version
from source.

I was able to remove several with the 'rpm -e' command, but when I try
to remove
vorbis-1.0rc2-1 it says that other programs (grip, xmms, kde, etc.)
depend on this
and I'm a little concerned that these programs won't work if I force the
removal.

Any suggestions?

It would be sweet if there were updated RPM's for PPC somewhere...

Drew