[icecast] Hi there. having a problem and asking for your help.
styx31 at free.fr
Tue Dec 17 13:34:20 PST 2002
First, I would like to precise you that I'm a poor french, and that I'm
not lucky with english...
So, my question is about IceCast (naturally) and moreover about
southcasting and master/slave configuration.
In fact, I'm totally new in configuration of IceCast, and the problem is
- Next Sunday, we have a big national war against 2 clans on Tribes2
- For this occasion, we'll need to shoutcast spectators commentaries.
- We have a friend who've got a server under linux with icecast
installed (I could give you more information if you want). The bandwidth
is correct (about 4Mb), si we can hope connection will not be a problem.
- We (a friend and me) are the two commentators (excuse me for my sad
english, really), and we "simply" want :
- To stay at home (in fact, we don't have any physical access to
the computer hosting icecast)
- To connect to the icecast server
- And diffuse our voice on the southcast.
The idea (for me) is to configure icecast as slave, and so it can
connect itself to a server who will send him our voice (by using a
classical winamp+shoutcast method perhaps ?). So, icecast will just
broadcast what it receives.
I really dunno if you could help us, but if I've made a great mistake by
asking you, you could perhaps redirect me to the right persons...
PS : We have time, and we can upgrade/install differents softwares...
If you have questions, I'll try for sure to anwser them.
<p>--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Icecast