[icecast] Can anyone help setting up ??

Lukas Österreicher lukas.oesterreicher at inode.at
Tue Dec 17 10:29:03 UTC 2002

I'd advise to search for previous messages on this mailing list,
such as http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/2870.html where
you can see how to compile it.
But before you go ahead ask yourself ir you really want icecast (2).
If you just want some server and mp3 only is ok then go for
shoutcast, as it's easyier to set up, and there are binarys of that
around, also for windows. If you go for icecast I guess its better to
go for a unix system.
What is this sever you want to set up intended for?
What resources do you have?
Note that there are also commercial streaming servers out there to
wich you can sent your stream to as to make it public.

I guess you're asking at the wrong place if you want to pay someone
to set it up for you.
(Umm, am I right with this, fellow readers?)

Lukas