[icecast] ogg and mp3

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Sat Dec 14 19:16:38 UTC 2002

At 05:49 PM 12/14/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>Does vorbis input work yet?  I'm really keen to know.  We're currently
>using streamTranscoder to provide modem rate versions of a 56kbps stream,
>but I'd really like us to source with a 64kbps ogg stream and transcode
>that instead.  The news section on the website says that it doesn't work
>(or didn't on October 16) and I've seen no mention either way since.

unfortunately, vorbis input is still eluding me.  it's working to a degree,
but falls apart any time a new ogg stream is started (this is done at song
changes)...I've based the logic off the decoder example, however, the
decoder example reads from files, and I am reading via libcurl and using a
circular buffer, and so I did my best to covert the logic, but still have
not done so successfully.  I'd LOVE to see a simpler interface to vorbis
decoding, something that takes in vorbis data and spits out PCM data would
be most excellent, and takes care of dealing with new ogg streams and
possibly with callbacks for any new vorbis comments inserted into the stream...

Anyway, I haven't given up, but this is just one of many projects that I am
supporting...any help is always appreciated....source code is available in
CVS from sourceforge at http://sourceforge.net/projects/transcoder...

oddsock