[icecast] <icylogin> ???

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Dec 6 04:37:45 UTC 2002

At 05:46 PM 12/5/2002 +0100, you wrote:
>Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> > I have the same problem as that guy .
> >  everything seems OK but ODDCast2 cannot connect to Icecast2 via Winamp3
>
>Oddcast2? Winamp3? If I remember correctly, there's no Oddcast2, and
>it's also a Winamp 2.xx plugin - no idea if it works with WA3.

yes, indeed, it does exist, and has existed for a month or so
now....although I think there are many people not willing to try wa3 for
broadcasting...eh..well, it works fine for me :)

> > but where do you put the <icylogin> </icylogin>.
> > I guess i have to turn it to 0 cause i use icecast2 .
>
>The correct option is <icelogin>, and its usage is not recommended and
>undocumented.
>
>The current version of Oddcast DSP lets you choose between
>Shoutcast/Icecast/Icecast2. If you leave out <icelogin> in your Icecast2
>configuration (the default), you have to tell Oddcast DSP to connect to
>an Icecast2 server (that's how to do it right). If you put
><icelogin>1</icelogin> into your icecast.xml, you need to pick "Icecast"
>as the server type in Oddcast DSP.
>
>Icecast2 uses http basic auth for authentication, while Icecast1 uses
>ICElogin. Icecast2 *does* support the old way with this undocumented
>directive, but I'd recommend not to use it.

this is correct, and both the current version of oddcast, and oddcastv2 use
HTTP basic authentication for icecast2.  The trouble quite often is people
might be running an older version of icecast2, which doesn't use HTTP auth
for source login...
basically, make sure you are using the latest (Alpha1) of icecast2, the
win32 version of icecast2 alpha1 is available here ->
http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2/Icecast2_win32_2.0_alpha1_setup.exe

that should work for both the current oddcastDSP
(http://www.oddsock.org/tools/dsp_oddcast/dsp_oddcast_10222002.exe) and the
current oddcastV2
(http://www.oddsock.org/tools/oddcastv2/oddcast_dsp_v2.0.4.exe)

oddsock