[icecast] <icylogin> ???

gtgbr at gmx.net gtgbr at gmx.net
Thu Dec 5 16:46:56 UTC 2002

Rakotomandimby Mihamina wrote:
> I have the same problem as that guy .
>  everything seems OK but ODDCast2 cannot connect to Icecast2 via Winamp3

Oddcast2? Winamp3? If I remember correctly, there's no Oddcast2, and
it's also a Winamp 2.xx plugin - no idea if it works with WA3.

> but where do you put the <icylogin> </icylogin>.
> I guess i have to turn it to 0 cause i use icecast2 .

The correct option is <icelogin>, and its usage is not recommended and
undocumented.

The current version of Oddcast DSP lets you choose between
Shoutcast/Icecast/Icecast2. If you leave out <icelogin> in your Icecast2
configuration (the default), you have to tell Oddcast DSP to connect to
an Icecast2 server (that's how to do it right). If you put
<icelogin>1</icelogin> into your icecast.xml, you need to pick "Icecast"
as the server type in Oddcast DSP.

Icecast2 uses http basic auth for authentication, while Icecast1 uses
ICElogin. Icecast2 *does* support the old way with this undocumented
directive, but I'd recommend not to use it.