[icecast] Icecast with WinAmp as a stramer

Tyler Knott mr_radar at charter.net
Mon Dec 2 21:46:22 UTC 2002

If you are using Icecast2(I think this might apply to Icecast 1.x.x but
not sure) then you need to specify a mount point for the stream.
 Example:  if your mountpoint is /my_super_cool_great_stream.ogg then
you would need to tell winamp to connect to
icecast_server:8000/my_super_cool_stream.ogg  If you are using the
Oddcast DSP(version 1 for Winamp 2.x.x) as the source there is a text
box in the server info area of the config dialog to set it.