[icecast] Akos...Darkice questions

Matthew Mencel Matt at cmitech.com
Wed Aug 28 14:19:16 UTC 2002

I'm using liveice and lame on another stream...

ample rate of 22050
bitrate of 24000

It has worked fine for over 9 months now...except it crashes all the time because of liveice I think.

Matthew Mencel wrote:
 > Can the bitsPerSample be set any higher than 16?  I try to set it to
 > 20 or 24 and get this error...
 >
 > DarkIce: LameLibEncoder.h:122: specified bits per sample not
 > supported [24]

this is a test written in my code. does the lame library support other
bits per sample then 8 or 16 bits per sample? can you encode with the
command line lame with such bits per sample?

 > When I start Darkice I get the following error for about 5 seconds
 > and then it stops with "broken pipe".

most probably the server you're sending to is not reading the stream
you're sending... are you sure your server settings are correct? (e.g.
port, password, etc?)