[icecast] Two streams problem

Mauricio Herrera ma_herr at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 21 20:20:40 UTC 2002

Hi all!

I have both icecast and ices running on the same
machine (Linux). I'm running two different streams,
each one with it's own playlist and mountpoint (one is
the default).

The problem is that after around 20 minutes of
starting both streams, the second one looses
connection with the server. If I access the second
stream URL after disconnected, I hear the playlist of
the first one.

The server log says this:

[21/Aug/2002:13:33:54] [7:Source Thread] Lost
connection to source on mount /especial, waiting 30
seconds for timeout
[21/Aug/2002:13:34:24] [7:Source Thread] Kicking
source 3 [retainer] [Client timeout exceeded, removing
source] [encoder], connected for 25 minutes and 10
seconds, 839791 bytes transfered. 1 sources connected
[21/Aug/2002:13:34:24] [7:Source Thread] Kicking all 0
clients for source 3

Any idea of what may be causing this problem?

Thanks in advance!

Mauricio