[icecast] Multiple playlists on multiple streams

Alan Bushnell bushnell at cs.oberlin.edu
Thu Aug 15 21:20:14 UTC 2002

> I am unable to determine how to get ices to stream a playlist on one mount point and another separate playlist on another mount point. Is it supported? I know that streaming the same playlist at different bit rates on different mount points is supported.

I don't believe this is possible.

> I tried executing ices from two different process. It shows two different mount points at the server, but plays exactly the same stream (the one that was started first).

This should work fine though you need to be sure that you are sourcing a
different playlist.  Have you used the -v flag to get ices to tell you
exactly what it is doing?

Another possible cause of the behavior would be that the second stream
is having a problem and stops streaming.  Icecast by default will fail
clients over to the first stream on the server in that case.

alan