[icecast] Problems with WinAMP and Synchronization

Christoph Rupp chr1701 at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 15:33:01 UTC 2002

Hi all!

I have some problems with Icecast, WinAMP and multiple
mountpoints. If i have several streams on several
mountpoints then WinAMP can only access the first
stream, and it ignores the mountpoint in its "URL
location" - i.e. when i'm running the streams "test1",
"test2" and "test3" and i open
http://localhost:8000/test3 in WinAMP then it will
always play the first stream "test1". Does WinAMP
ignore the mount point?

My second problem is very strange. I have a notebook
and a windows box for testing. When i start WinAMP on
both computers then they will play the same stream
synchronized (+/- 0.5 seconds). But after two minutes
the notebook is about 2 seconds ahead. Both do have
enough processor power, memory, bandwidth etc. I have
no explanation for this - any idea?

BTW: i am using Icecast 1.3.12.

Thanks in advance,
Chris