[icecast] Compiling icecast2 under OpenBSD 3.1

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Thu Apr 25 01:37:23 UTC 2002

>Some comments about ices2:
>
>It is currently impossible to compile it under *BSD, at least afaik.
>src/im_sun.c includes stropts.h, which doesn't come with OpenBSD. After
>feeding one .h file after another from a linux box, it finally wanted
>gnu/stubs.h. There will never be GNU stuff in *BSD, so that must be
>solved differently.

Why on earth are you trying to compile im_sun.c on a non-solaris machine?
That file is Sun audio device support. Is the autoconf/automake magic
magically screwed there? Anyway, just don't compile that file at all -
it's used only on machines with sun audio devices (which as far as I know
means solaris only). im_oss.c serves the same purpose for OSS audio, which
is probably what openbsd uses (this is needed if you want to do live
audio encoding/streaming, from line-in or something like that)

Michael