[icecast] no luck with streamers

Luis M. Gallardo D. gluis at alsuites.com
Sat Apr 20 14:11:38 UTC 2002

Check out if there is another application using /dev/dsp. Especially if
you have Mandrake and KDE, because Mandrake set up artd (a sound server
for KDE) by default.

You should also check out the permissions for /dev/dsp. The user who is
trying to run liveice (or whatever) must be allowed to open /dev/dsp.

I hope It Help you.

---
Luis Gallardo.
Caracas - Venezuela.