[icecast] more fun with LAME - error in bitstream?

wcarroll at carolina.rr.com wcarroll at carolina.rr.com
Fri Apr 19 18:01:36 UTC 2002

Hi folks!  Having trouble with re-encoding to 160Kbps.

I have:
Linux-Mandrake 8.2
Icecast 1.3.12
IceS 0.2.2 source
Lame 3.92
Hardware is: Celeron 533 w/256MB RAM, 40GB Disk

All seems to work at first but after a few songs it craps
out and give me an ERROR WITH BITSTREAM (or something real
close...sorry).

ALL of my MP3s are encoded using the --r3mix flag (VBR)
with LAME 3.91 or 3.89.

All works great if I stream the VBR straight out (works
days on end with NO problems...just a little bandwidth
unfriendly).

Any possible causes here?  I'm pretty sure my MP3s are good
if VBR is OK.

Should I back off to Lame 3.91?
Could my LOG file permission errors be the root cause
(different thread)?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Wade