[icecast] ices - unable to compile

Alex Walker alex at x3ja.co.uk
Wed Apr 17 17:12:56 UTC 2002

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 07:57:31AM -0400, Wade Carroll wrote:
> Now I'm getting "bad password" errors.  "hackme" is the default
> password in icecast and i'm running ices with the -P hackme flag.

I had issues with passwords and various things - it turned out that
crypt support was enabled, so it thought that "hackme" was the result of
encrypting some string.  So try doing "mkpasswd hackme" and putting that
in your icecast config (but keep it as hackme in your ices config).

I could be completely wrong... I usually am.

Alex.

--
----------( <Flav> Win 98 Psychic edition: We'll tell you where  )----------
ALEX -----(                you're going tomorrow                 )----- X3JA