[icecast] "No Encoder"?

Marcelo Gulin marcelo at gulin.com.ar
Tue Apr 9 21:44:39 UTC 2002

Hi guys!

  Thanks to your help I've my IceCast/LiveIce server up & running but
I´m still having problems:

  My IceCast server is on the internal LAN and it's NAT'ed behind an
OpenBSD IPF firewall. Here's my network setup:

Internet ---- [OpenBSD firewall] ---- hub ---- [IceCast server]
                      |                               |
                      +                               +
              [port 8000 redirected]           [NAT'ed 192.168.100.x
box]

However, when I telnet to IceCast port and send "GET /stream HTTP/1.O"
command, I can't get the stream from winamp nor IE/Netscape.

  When I connect from an internal machine all works fine but when I try
to connect from internet I've get an "404 Stream Not Found" Error. (I
known that the stream exists).

  Looking at icecast.log I can see:

  [09/Apr/2002:14:00:36] [86:Connection Handler] Kicking unknown 82
[199.6.98.xxx] [No encoder], connected for 2 seconds.

   Or, Where the F* problem is?

Thanks in advance!
Marcelo Gulin