[icecast] Darkice memory leak

Kristjan Gu?ni Bjarnason kgb at gangverk.is
Tue Apr 9 12:44:39 UTC 2002

I was looking more closely on the source for Darkice.  I found the code for
calulating the buffersize somewhat strange.  Your is snapshot taken from the
init function in CastSink.cpp :

    int       bufferSize = bitRate ? (bitRate * 1024 / 8) * bufferDuration
                                   : (128 * 1024 / 8) * bufferDuration;
    bufferedSink = socket ?  new BufferedSink( socket,
                                     (bufferSize * 1024 / 8) *
bufferDuration)
                          : 0;

In my case the bufferDuration is 10 and bitrate 128.  Why is the do we
multiply by 'bufferSize*1024/8*bufferDuration twice?
The constructor for BufferedSink allocates the buffer with the 2nd param as
the buffersize.  In my case the 'chunkSize' is 1 which gives bufferSize =
209.715.200 bytes.  I am wrong?  Is this healty?

Kristjan