[icecast] Darkice memory leak

Kristján Guðni Bjarnason kgb at gangverk.is
Mon Apr 8 11:26:13 UTC 2002

After babysitting liveice for few months I decided to move to Darkice. First
I tried installing Darkice on Redhat7.1 but soon gave up after endless
broken dependencies. Upgraded to Redhat7.2 and the rpms were accepted right
away.  I installed:

lame-3.91-1.i686.rpm
libogg-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
libvorbis-1.0rc3-1.i386.rpm
darkice-0.9-1.i386.rpm

Darkice runs but it eats up memory like hell.  I tried compiling from src
and its still leaking.  I still want to spend more time on getting Darkice
to work because believe its more stable than liveice.  Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Kristjan