[icecast] Applying dynamic compression to live audio

rem cmiral rem at entropik.com
Thu Apr 4 16:29:39 UTC 2002

hmm, cheap compressor
hmm

recording tape deck ?
vcr as last means ?

these 2 items i'm sure almost anyone has, and it should get you decent enuff
compression for voice signal
just run it inline between your source and your sound card.

behringer and alesis compressors are generally regarded as a bad investment.
if you can find a pair of RNC compressors probably in the same price range;
better buy, and resell value.

i would like to extend many thanx to the people responsible for icecast et
all. :)

'icecast-request at xiph.org'