[icecast] A couple of questions involving Ices and Icecast

Doug Curtis doug at world-mail.org
Thu Apr 4 00:26:51 UTC 2002

I tried searching the archives but couldn't find anything on this.

1.  I am using Ices and Icecast with Linux.  When I connect with Winamp from
another machine on the same network, the red light goes on and off indicating
that it's reading from the buffer.  Being that I am only client connected, why
would it read from the buffer?  The bandwdith isn't maxed out and the server
isn't doing anything but run Icecast.

2.  I wanted to try the Shoutcast temporarily to see if it does it then but
when Ices tries to connect, I get a Bad password error.  I know that password
is right in the config file.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Doug