[icecast] Re: Simple streamer help

Mario Marquez mmarquez at cernet.com.mx
Mon Apr 1 20:53:05 UTC 2002

John

"Static files (http support)
There is support in icecast for streaming files directory from the server
to the client. This is usually handled much more nicely by a real http
server, but if you don't want to go through the hassle of setting up apache
or roxen or whatever, then this might be what you're looking for.
All files must end in .mp3, and they must all be in the file tree rooted at
a directory specified with the static_dir variable. This directory
corresponds to the virtual directory http://server:port/file/. So a file
named stream.mp3 in the static_dir directory can be accessed through a http
request (in a browser or mp3 player or whatever) with the url
http://server:port/file/stream.mp3. "

...from ICECAST Documentation.

Check my server

http://anicast.com.mx:9000/file/