[icecast] Stupid question of the day

Jerome Alet alet at unice.fr
Sun Sep 30 15:52:19 UTC 2001

Hi all,

I just wanted to know where to find icecast2.

I've downloaded icecast 1.3.11 and it looks wonderful, and works fine as
far as I've tested it.

However I want to be able to stream ogg instead of mp3. I've search "icecast2"
on sourceforge, freshmeat, and google but to no avail.

Google's "I'm feeling lucky" sends me directly to http://www.icecast.org/
but the word icecast2 doesn't appear at all on this page.

Does it exist only in CVS ?

Also I'd be interested in using icecast to broadcast university courses
to foreign (or far away) students. I suppose it will work fine but
could someone tell me if they've already used icecast successfully in this
situation, and eventually in which university, so I could back my
proposition with some success stories.

Thanks in advance.

Jerome Alet
Medicine School of Nice